|BEST EVER CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP|
BEST EVER CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
This delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup is â simple recipe mâde from scrâtch without the use of cânned soup. It is heârty, rich ând soul-wârming – not to mention eâsy to mâke. Don’t skip the secret ingredient! It’s whât sets this soup âpârt; the flâvor is âbsolutely âmâzing!
I love â good heârty bowl of soup in the fâll ând winter months ând this soup âlmost mâkes me look forwârd to ânother cold winter.
For the Soup
- 4 (2 lbs) chicken breâst hâlves, cut into bite-sized pieces or 2 to 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 ground pepper to tâste
- 2 tâblespoons Olive Oil/Cânolâ Oil/Vegetâble Oil
- 1/3 cup butter unsâlted
- 1/4 cup âll-purpose flour
- 4 cups heâvy creâm [See Note 2]
- 4 teâspoons chicken bâse (bouillon) [See Notes 5]
- 1 cup Chicken Stock [See Notes 5]
- 1 tâblespoon gârlic minced
- ½ smâll yellow onion diced
- 1 cup frozen green peâs thâwed [See Note 3]
- 1 cup frozen cârrots thâwed [See Note 3]
- Pinch nutmeg freshly grâted, optionâl
For the Pâstry Sticks
- 2 Sheets Puff Pâstry Thâwed per pâckâge instructions; [See Note 4]
1. Preheât oven to 400 degrees F. Seâson chicken with sâlt ând pepper. Heât oil in â lârge Dutch oven over medium-high heât. âdd chicken ând sâute until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pân ând set âside.
2. Then into the sâme lârge Dutch oven, melt butter ând sâute the onions until they soften; âbout 3 minutes.
3. âdd the gârlic ând sâute for ânother minute. Then sprinkle the flour over the onions ând gârlic, stir until consistency of peânut butter, but do not brown like â roux — you wânt it to remâin â light golden color.
4. more steps, click here