Baked Crab Cakes with Sauce #Dinner #Easyrecipe
Crab Cake Mìxture:
- 1 lb of lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup of fìnely chopped onìon
- 3 Tablespoons fìnely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Serrano peppers fìnely chopped (skìp ìf you don't lìke spìcy)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon of garlìc powder
- 1 Tablespoon dìjon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprìka
- Crab Cake breadìng ìngredìents:
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of Remoulade Crab Cake Sauce
- Pre-toast your breadcrumbs in a large pan set to medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and the breadcrumbs. Stir occasionally until the breadcrumbs are an even golden brown and then set aside. Watch it carefully as it can burn easily.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute onion, red bell pepper, and serrano pepper until soft, about 4 minutes. Add in a large bowl along with the crab, parsley, lemon zest, garlic powder, mayo, dijon, cayenne, and smoked paprika. Gently fold together so as not to break up the crab meat too much. Taste to see if it needs salt & pepper. Crab meat is stored in a brine so it will already have added salt.
- Divide the crab mixture into 7 - 8 sections. Roll them tightly into patties and slightly press down on them to create disk shapes.
- Create a dredging station.
- Lay out your flour on a flat plate.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and give it a good mix.
- Lay out your toasted breadcrumbs on a flat plate.
- Coat your crab cakes in flour, then dip it into the eggs, then coat them with your toasted breadcrumbs. Make sure the breadcrumbs completely cover the crab cake and press it in tightly. Repeat this for all your crab cakes.
- Bake your crab cakes for about 15 minutes until the crust sets and feels crispy. Serve with this remoulade crab cake sauce.