Today, I bring you a perfect and fresh dessert: a lemon tart made from curd and lemon rind without dairy products, gluten and sugar. It is also keto and paleo. This lemon curd pie is topped with fresh raspberries and is a perfect dessert for spring or summer days!
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Lemon Curd
- 2 lemons juice
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup erythritol or any sweetner of your taste
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 14" x 4.5" rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- In a small food processor, pulse the almond flour and the salt until combined. Add the coconut oil and eggs and pulse a few more times until a dough forms. Warning: it will be very sticky.
- Transfer the crumble into a piece of plastic wrap and wrap the dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up slightly or 2-3 minutes in the freezer if you are in a hurry.
- Remove the dough from the freezer, unwrap and place into the center of the pie pan. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides, as evenly as you can.
- Prick all over with a fork. This will allow the steam to escape and prevent the crust from puffing up while it bakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sides are golden brown
- Whisk lemon juice and zest, eggs, sweetener, and vanilla together in a saucepan.
- Turn on the heat to low-medium and stir constantly for 5-10 minutes until the curd thickens up. Do not put the heat to high as the eggs will scramble. Always cook the curd on low-medium heat.
- When the curd has thickened, add the coconut oil and mix in.
- Pour slightly cooled lemon curd into the prepared crust, smoothing to the edges. Garnish with fresh berries and chill until serving time.