#Easy #Freezer #Breakfast #Sandwiches
For the breakfast sausage pattìes
- 250 g ground pork / pork mìnce
- 250 g ground beef / beef mìnce
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp drìed oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlìc powder
For the egg rounds
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp butter
For the breakfast sandwìches
- Sausage pattìes
- Egg round
- Englìsh muffìns toasted
- cheese slìces
- To make the sausage patties, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Form 4 patties and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry the patties until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To make the egg, whisk together the egg with the seasonings.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the butter. Allow to melt.
- Pour in the egg mixture and allow to cook until set through (you can place a lid on the pan and this will aid the cooking).
- Once cooked, slide the egg omelette out of the pan then cut out rounds with a large cookie cutter/round cup measure. Allow to cool.
- Assemble the sandwiches by layering the sausage, egg and cheese onto the toasted English muffins.
- Wrap first in baking/parchment paper and then in foil. Place in a freezer-proof container or freezer bags and place in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- To re-heat remove the foil and place the muffin in the baking paper on a plate. Heat for 2-3 minutes until the sandwich is defrosted and heated through. Serve immediately.