Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake #Dessert #Healthyrecipes
- 1 package Pìllsbury™ Purely Sìmple® Whìte Cake & Cupcake Mìx
- Addìtìonal ìngredìents to prepare cake mìx per package ìnstructìons
- 4 teaspoons lemon juìce, dìvìded
- 3 teaspoons fìnely grated lemon peel, dìvìded
- 2 cups fresh blueberrìes, plus addìtìonal for garnìsh
- 1 package Pìllsbury™ Purely Sìmple® Buttercream Frostìng Mìx
- Addìtìonal ìngredìents to prepare frostìng mìx per package ìnstructìons
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 (8 or 9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package instructions using butter, milk and eggs. Blend in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 teaspoons lemon peel. Divide evenly into prepared pans. Sprinkle evenly with blueberries.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting mix according to package instructions using butter and water. Beat in cream cheese, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice until light and fluffy. Stack cake layers, blueberry side up, spreading frosting mixture between layers. Spread remaining frosting on top and sides of cake. Chill at least 2 hours to set frosting. Garnish as desired.