#Orange and #Thyme #Gin and #Tonic
And what a gin and tonic! It is perfect for late summer evenings when the oranges are at their sweetest and the sunset is perfect. Although they are also perfect for those short winter evenings when the fire is roaring and all you can do is sit back and dream of summer
US Customary - Metrìc
- 1/2 cup gìn
- 4 sprìgs of fresh thyme see notes
- 1 orange
- 1 cup ìce
- 1 1/3 cups tonìc water
- Pour the gin, ice, a long strip of orange zest and 2 of the thyme sprigs into a cocktail shaker or jug.
- Shake or muddle the the gin to release the oils from the orange and thyme.
- Strain the infused gin into round bottom glasses.
- Top up with chilled tonic water and add a new strip of zest and fresh thyme sprig.