#CRANBERRY #ORANGE #BUNDT #CAKE
This cake is too clammy and the cranberries in an awesome differentiation to the sweetness of the cake. I utilized a light coating on the cake to include another essence of sweetness just on the off chance that there wasn't sufficient. This cake nearly has a pound cake surface.
It will be the ideal expansion to any occasion table. I served mine with a cranberry sauce that I made a couple of days prior. I was meaning to remove the cranberries from the syrup and dry them yet since I am coming up short on time I left it as a syrup. This cranberry syrup would likewise be great over hotcakes, waffles or even crepes.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons bakìng powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- zest of one orange - about 1 tablespoon
- juìce of an orange
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberrìes
For the ìcìng:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water, mìlk or orange juìce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cranberries on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until sugar turn a lemon color, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and mix in until incorporated.
- Add the orange juice and zest. Add the sour cream.
- When incorporated add the flour, salt and baking powder. When this is all mixed together stir in the remaining 1 1/4 cups cranberries.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Let pan set for 5 minutes after you take the cake out of the oven. Turn over cake unto a wire rack to cool. Mix up your glaze ingredients and spread on top and sides of cake.