- 4 cloves garlìc, mìnced
- 1 shallot, fìnely chopped
- 1 small leek, cleaned, trìmmed and slìced
- 2 rìbs celery, dìced
- 6 oz cremìnì mushrooms, slìced
- 1 medìum sweet onìon, thìnly slìced
- 4 tbsp butter, dìvìded
- 2 cups chìcken stock, dìvìded
- 1 lb chìcken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crìsp and crumbled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlìc powder
- 1 tsp drìed thyme
- Heat slow cooker on low setting. To slow cooker, add garlic, shallot, leek, celery, mushrooms, onions, 2 tbsp butter, 1 cup chicken stock, sea salt and black pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour. Complete this next step while the vegetables are cooking – In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken breasts in the remaining 2 tbsp butter until they are browned on both sides. – About 5 minutes each side. (Chicken will not be fully cooked during this stage.)
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. De-glaze the pan with the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock. Using a rubber spatula, scrape up any bits of chicken that may be stuck to the pan. Add chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, and thyme to the slow cooker. Stir until well combined and there are no longer any visible chunks of cream cheese.
- Once the chicken has cooled, cut it into cubes and add it to the slow cooker, along with bacon. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cover and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- Per serving – Calories: 355 | Fat: 28g | Protein: 21g | Total Carbs: 6.4g | Fiber: .62g | Net Carbs 5.75g