Pecan Cream Pie
Walnut pie simply like the first however in a rich, light, and fleecy walnut cream pie. Pie outside loaded up with a thick and rich walnut blend
- 1 (9-inch) uncooked pie crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Cook pie crust according to package or recipe instructions. Let cool completely before adding the cream pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a hand mixer, or stand mixer, until stiff peaks form. This will take several minutes.
- In a separate larger bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, and pure maple syrup. Beat together until combined and creamy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and stir together until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Spread mixture into the baked and cooled pie crust. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on top of the pie. Cover and let refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- I like to whip some additional cream to decorate the top with right before serving (as pictured above). You don't have to do this at all. Serve plain and it's really delicious too.